COVID-19 Update: Sunday School resumed Sunday, June 28, 2020. On-site Services began Sunday, May 24, 2020 (see details below)
Sunday, November 1, 2020
2020-11-01 - Luke 11:1-4 "Our Daily Bread" - Phil Horning
Nov. 6, 7, & 8, Fri. & Sat. 7:00 pm, Sun. 10:00 am.
Spiritual Renewal Services @ Gehman Mennonite Church, Nov. 6, 7, & 8, Fri. & Sat. 7:00 pm, Sun. 10:00 am.
Responding to Pennsylvania's mask requirement, July 4, 2020
- Because of the PA order effective July 1, 2020, [a short excerpt: “Individuals are required to wear face coverings if they are: ... B. in any indoor location where members of the public are generally admitted.”] Though churches are likely exempt, we encourage wearing masks. We don’t plan to police this in any way, but feel like it’s appropriate to encourage. Feel free to do as you see fit. May our church focus be on worshiping and living for our Lord and not focused on this. -Pastor Phil
Sunday School resumed Sunday, June 28, 2020
- This is voluntary (as always). If you have hesitations about being gathered together, please feel no pressure to attend.
- some details still in the works ...
- Adult thru Youth: A combined adult class will be offered for anyone age youth and up, in the auditorium. Youth and Young Adult classes may be meeting individually if directed by their teachers.
- Jr. Youth and younger: these classes may participate in the conclusion of the "Pilgrim's Progress" reading in the fellowship hall, which will continue to at least July 5, 2020 and continues to be open to all ages. These classes will tentatively be meeting again in age groups the Sunday after the "Pilgrim's Progress" reading is complete, unless directed otherwise by their teacher.
beginning On-site Services Sunday, May 24, 2020
- This is voluntary (as always). Though we will encourage “social distancing”, if you have hesitations about being gathered together, please feel no pressure to attend. Live Stream Services will continue.
- Religious institutions are considered essential organizations. The Pennsylvania guidelines treat religious institutions as essential organizations, nevertheless, churches were encouraged to find alternatives to in-person gatherings. On May 1, the Governor re-affirmed religious institutions can have services. He did however, note that most have done everything they can to protect their congregants and had been using alternatives.
- Social distancing of six feet is encouraged as much as possible.
- Masks are not required, however, persons are free to wear a mask out of concern for themselves or others.
- 10:00 AM Worship Service (No planned Sunday School as of now.) (See note about "Pilgrim's Progress" reading for Sunday School below.)
- No staffed nursery. Nursery is available, self-service only as of now.
127 Witmer Rd
Reinholds, PA 17569
PO Box 842
Adamstown, PA 19501